Freedom tastes like a margarita
The countdown is over! The issue from hell has shipped! To celebrate I met up with a friend I hadn't seen since June for dinner and had a margarita. Being full of tasty Mexican food and tequila made me feel all warm and fuzzy and relaxed. And I didn't have to go home and work or wake up at 5 am to go in early. What else could a girl want? OK, maybe one thing. An impulse buy on the walk home always make a good day even better.
OK, so I have done a few things besides work (but only a few)
-I went to see Shakespeare in the Park two weeks ago. It was Liev Schreiber in MacBeth. It was OK, but after six summers of shows I think I'm getting a little picky. I liked Liev better in Henry V when the show was a little crazy. Meryl Streep and Christopher Walken are going to be in the next production this summer, and I'm pumped!
-The apartment hunt is shaping up to be a real pain in the ass. We've seen two really amazing places (one even had an upstairs!), but they were both snapped up by someone else the same day we went to see them. The other place we saw was a pit. Seriously, it felt like a serial killer should live there. It was a basement apartment that smelled like mold and cat poop and in the much-hyped private backyard was a creepy falling-down shack--perfect for storing the bodies.
The countdown is over! The issue from hell has shipped! To celebrate I met up with a friend I hadn't seen since June for dinner and had a margarita. Being full of tasty Mexican food and tequila made me feel all warm and fuzzy and relaxed. And I didn't have to go home and work or wake up at 5 am to go in early. What else could a girl want? OK, maybe one thing. An impulse buy on the walk home always make a good day even better.
OK, so I have done a few things besides work (but only a few)
-I went to see Shakespeare in the Park two weeks ago. It was Liev Schreiber in MacBeth. It was OK, but after six summers of shows I think I'm getting a little picky. I liked Liev better in Henry V when the show was a little crazy. Meryl Streep and Christopher Walken are going to be in the next production this summer, and I'm pumped!
-The apartment hunt is shaping up to be a real pain in the ass. We've seen two really amazing places (one even had an upstairs!), but they were both snapped up by someone else the same day we went to see them. The other place we saw was a pit. Seriously, it felt like a serial killer should live there. It was a basement apartment that smelled like mold and cat poop and in the much-hyped private backyard was a creepy falling-down shack--perfect for storing the bodies.

1 Comments:
I always see sooo many listings that you both could afford! You're checking hobokeni.com and newjersey.craigslist.com? Just checking. :) and CUTE red bag! -Tina
By
Anonymous, at 12:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home