And Then Some

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Raise your hand if your a journalism dork
Tuesday night I went to a lecture on personal journalism or writing in the first person. Walt Harrington, good ol' MK and a writer from Esquire were on the panel. (It's like the J-school dream team. If only they could have worked in the New Yorker somehow, too.) The discussion was so interesting it made me long to have the time to write something besides quizzes. And afterward there was a reception with free wine from the J-school, very flashback to when I was an intern. Dean Sqaured was even there, so I heard the word Missour-ah more in about an hour than I have in years. And to top it all off, I (very brief) conversation with Walt. I really only had time to shake his hand and tell him that he gave the commencement speech at my graduation. I was still really excited.

Let the countdown begin
OK, guys, if I make it through the next 28 days, it will be a miracle. The issue from hell finishes shipping July 20, so I just need to make it through then. I might have to start camping out at the office or something, though. I'll attempt to blog occassionally so you guys still know I'm alive. And there's a trip to Maine and a show at Shakespeare in the Park coming up in July, so I've got a little incentive to survive that long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home