Freaking Out
So I went to the doctor for a physical today. How very responsible and adult, right? No big deal. Just go in, let them take some blood and check my thyroid levels. So simple. But during the check-up, the doctor took a long time listening to my heart. She asked if anyone had ever told me I had a faint heart murmer. Um, no. She said it was very faint, not to worry. But I have an aunt who had to have heart surgery because of a defective heart valve or some such. When the doctor heard that, she decided I should have an echocardiogram to make sure everything's OK. It's just a procaution, but it's starting to freak me out. I'm only 25! I'm too young to have something wrong with my heart or go have tests with such scary names. Argh. Maybe if work wasn't sucking so much right now I could deal with this better.
On a lighter note
Here are a few things I've been meaning to blog about for a while.
-In my recent readings of the finest celebrity gossip rags, I've come across two new horrifying celebrity "couple" names. Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn = Vaughniston. And my personal favorite: Tom and Katie (TomKat), their new baby is the TomKitten. (Which I think was finally born tonight.
-The people who live in an apartment on the third floor of my building have their pictures on their front door. They're small, square headshots, like a passport photo. Is it so they don't forget which one is theirs? I'm not sure, but it sort of scares me.
-I was walking up the stairs to my apartment tonight, and I passed a pigeon. Inside. It was sitting on the radiator down the hall from my apartment. I was afraid it would suddenly fly in my face, but it just sort of stared at me as I walked by. I unlocked my door as fast as I could and slammed it behind me. I didn't want to have to deal with trying to get a rat bird out of my apartment. As long as it's in my hall, it's not my problem.
So I went to the doctor for a physical today. How very responsible and adult, right? No big deal. Just go in, let them take some blood and check my thyroid levels. So simple. But during the check-up, the doctor took a long time listening to my heart. She asked if anyone had ever told me I had a faint heart murmer. Um, no. She said it was very faint, not to worry. But I have an aunt who had to have heart surgery because of a defective heart valve or some such. When the doctor heard that, she decided I should have an echocardiogram to make sure everything's OK. It's just a procaution, but it's starting to freak me out. I'm only 25! I'm too young to have something wrong with my heart or go have tests with such scary names. Argh. Maybe if work wasn't sucking so much right now I could deal with this better.
On a lighter note
Here are a few things I've been meaning to blog about for a while.
-In my recent readings of the finest celebrity gossip rags, I've come across two new horrifying celebrity "couple" names. Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn = Vaughniston. And my personal favorite: Tom and Katie (TomKat), their new baby is the TomKitten. (Which I think was finally born tonight.
-The people who live in an apartment on the third floor of my building have their pictures on their front door. They're small, square headshots, like a passport photo. Is it so they don't forget which one is theirs? I'm not sure, but it sort of scares me.
-I was walking up the stairs to my apartment tonight, and I passed a pigeon. Inside. It was sitting on the radiator down the hall from my apartment. I was afraid it would suddenly fly in my face, but it just sort of stared at me as I walked by. I unlocked my door as fast as I could and slammed it behind me. I didn't want to have to deal with trying to get a rat bird out of my apartment. As long as it's in my hall, it's not my problem.

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Anonymous, at 4:42 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Anonymous, at 3:23 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home