And Then Some

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Almost as entertaining as making out in front of Jimmy Falon
I was at a bar called The Cutting Room with the boy and some of his friends last Friday. One of the guys asked me if I watched Sex in the City. Yeah, why? Isn't that Mr. Big over there? It was! V. exciting. But I don't think it was an entirely random sighting. The bar had lots of paintings of musicians on the walls, and after we spotted Big, I noticed that there was a giant painting of him on the wall. And there was a flier up from a fundraiser he'd MCed there. So I'm guessing that he's friends with the owner or something. Either that or he just likes to hang out at bars where there are big paintings of him on the wall.

Umm ... creepy
So a few weeks back, I was sort of an extra for Law & Order. They were filming a scene at the GW bus station while I was waiting for my bus in the morning. I really only saw the extras they had rushing around to make the staiton actually seem busy. I even had to go to a different platform to catch my bus because the were filming at my usual one, too. They were still filming when I came back through on my way home at night. There are so many Law & Orders that I figured I'd never see it.

But then on Tuesday night, I was doing some research for work (woo)and watching TV. Law & Order SVU was on, and there was a big chase scene in the bus station. It had to have been the one they were filming that day. It was really weird to watch. I mean, living in New York, you see places that are in movies and TV shows all the time, but it's ususlly just somewhere you just pass by occassionally. This is a place I spend way too much time in (Commuting to Jersey. Bah!), so it was just kind of spooky. Someone even got murdered on the platform where my bus stops. That made going to work the next day vaguely unsettling.

2 Comments:

  • How could I have not known ANY of this?! We have not been talking enough lately. :) Mr. Big?? I've actually been to TCR once and yes, I think he must be a regular b/c I, too, saw fliers about him and various events all over the place. And I heard a rumor that the GWB subway station is the station where the most people are literally pushed onto the tracks. So I never stand too close. You shouldn't either. Gosh, I hope your parents don't read this or they'll probably worry. xo, Tina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

  • Holy f! Mr. Big? I would have ran up to him and given him a hug. (Is that dorky?) Ha ha ha ha. What a great celebrity citing! = Tanya

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home