Someone kick me in the shins; I'm turning into the patriarchy.
This afternoon at work I wrote an article about wedding dresses--for 12-year-olds. No, I wasn't encouraging them to get married at 12. I was just telling them what their dream dress says about them as a person and what kind of wedding it means they want. It felt just as dirty. At least I managed to avoid mentioning men anywhere in the story.
This afternoon at work I wrote an article about wedding dresses--for 12-year-olds. No, I wasn't encouraging them to get married at 12. I was just telling them what their dream dress says about them as a person and what kind of wedding it means they want. It felt just as dirty. At least I managed to avoid mentioning men anywhere in the story.

3 Comments:
I used to take those quizzes so seriously when I was younger. I am a bit amazed to hear that they're just made up by one person. Do you just make up what you think it means? I really am a bit let down by this.
By
Unknown, at 3:25 PM
I did not know about this. That's just WRONG. -Tina
By
Anonymous, at 6:07 PM
Or perhaps they can just marry themselves, a la Carrie Bradshaw and register for a bunch of expensive shoes.
Prom dresses would have made a lot more sense, but, alas, my fake boss is in love with the idea so there's no escaping it.
By
Anne, at 11:23 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home