And Then Some

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A post about May, just in the nick of time
So yeah, I haven't posted, um, at all lately. Sorry, kids. A few things in review:
-Caught up with an old work friend at a festive Cinco de Mayo party in Park Slope. There was plenty of tequila and delicious mini burritos. I was insanely jealous of their roof deck and brand new appliances.
-Caught up with friend I used to intern for back in the day. There was free beer, cupcakes and some rather entertaining kids who kept talking about a 45-minute movie they made from point of view of an empty soda bottle.
-Went to see my favorite old men, The Saw Doctors, in concert with the boy. There was plenty of Irish beer and dancing about.
-Walked in the Relay for Life. There was lots of walking, a little sunburn and a good dose of crying during the emotional lumuneria ceremony. I miss you, Gram.

On the move
In the spirit of several other bloggers, I'm going to be moving later this year. To Jersey. It might not be half way across the country, but it sort of feels like it sometimes. Don't get me wrong, Hoboken is cute, and I'm excited to move there for some other reasons, but I'm going to miss the city. Little stuff like my local park and the big wall of fresh flowers for sale outside Gristede's. This weekend I did a little exploring around Hoboken, and I found this adorable old park uptown. It's got atmosphere and big trees that actually provide shade and a lovely view and some random statuary. I can see myself living there a little more now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home