And Then Some

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

One of the Perks of Working in New Jersey
On the news last night, I heard that there were supposed to be gale force winds and nasty rain today. This morning, I looked out my window and saw the trees whipping around in all sorts of crazy ways. I even saw a small sign get ripped off the side of a building. So I bundled up in lots of layers and headed to the bus. But when I got outside, it was kind of warm, not that windy and just sprinkling. Oops. Guess I overreacted.

But then after some bad traffic, I got to the bus station and discovered that the bridge had been closed for almost an hour because of high winds and an accident. This meant a lot of waiting around in a bus station before things started running again and I could get to work. I was starting to wish I knew this would happen so I could have slept in longer. But then, after I finally got a seat on the bus, a girl I work with got a call that the power was out at the office, so they were sending everyone home. Score! I practially ran off the bus. It was like a snow day without the snow. How exciting is that? It almost makes up for the hour-and-a-half commute I usually have to deal with to get to Jersey. Well, not really. But it still made my day.

Pretending to be an adult
I filled out paperwork to open my very own investment account last week. This made me feel very grown-up and responsible until I got to the part asking for your net worth. Yeah, it's so small that even my father laughed at it when I called to make sure I had it right.

2 Comments:

  • I'm not seeing how that situation is specific to working in Jersey. Though I'm not smart like you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 AM  

  • Yay Anne for investment paperwork! Your money will grow! - Tanya

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home