Love/Hate Relationships
This weekend I fell in love with a man named Jason. It wasn't quite love at first sight. His shiny-bald-head-and-sideburns combo made me a little nervous. After all, I was about to let him near me with sharp objects. But there was no need to worry. He gave me the best haircut I've had in quite a while. (Granted, I hadn't had a haircut since May.)It was the perfect length, and after he blew it out, I felt more like a movie star than a broadcast news reporter. So after two and a half years in the city, I think I'm ready to settle down with one ... stylist.
After my haircut, I went to this great bagel shop down the street. They have fantastic bagels, but the past two times I've been there with the boy, they have managed to mess up our order. Or more specifically, the same guy keeps messing up our order. There are plenty of other employees there who seem perfectly competent, but this guy can't handle an order for three bagels. When I went there on Saturday, he ended up waiting on me again. I was optimistic, though. After all, I would be ordering only one bagel. It would be hard for him to mess it up, right? Wrong! I ordered an everything bagel with cream cheese, and after wandering around for a while he informed me they were out of everything bagels. Tragic! I realize that technically this wasn't his fault, but it's too late. To steal a phrase from a friend, the bagel guy is officially on my list.
This weekend I fell in love with a man named Jason. It wasn't quite love at first sight. His shiny-bald-head-and-sideburns combo made me a little nervous. After all, I was about to let him near me with sharp objects. But there was no need to worry. He gave me the best haircut I've had in quite a while. (Granted, I hadn't had a haircut since May.)It was the perfect length, and after he blew it out, I felt more like a movie star than a broadcast news reporter. So after two and a half years in the city, I think I'm ready to settle down with one ... stylist.
After my haircut, I went to this great bagel shop down the street. They have fantastic bagels, but the past two times I've been there with the boy, they have managed to mess up our order. Or more specifically, the same guy keeps messing up our order. There are plenty of other employees there who seem perfectly competent, but this guy can't handle an order for three bagels. When I went there on Saturday, he ended up waiting on me again. I was optimistic, though. After all, I would be ordering only one bagel. It would be hard for him to mess it up, right? Wrong! I ordered an everything bagel with cream cheese, and after wandering around for a while he informed me they were out of everything bagels. Tragic! I realize that technically this wasn't his fault, but it's too late. To steal a phrase from a friend, the bagel guy is officially on my list.

1 Comments:
Love? I was like what happened to BR1 or (2), then I kept reading. I wish I could find a good stylist. I either want beyoncelicious hair extensions, or a short and funky cut! Can't decide!
By
Schanina, at 4:28 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home