Thanksgiving: A Belated Recap
-The Peter Pan bus is just $3 more than the Chinatown bus, and it is significantly less sketchy. Who knew? (The boy, apparently.)
-Lesson: When riding a bus for four and half hours, you will be unable to resist watching movies that were so bad you never wanted to see them again. (cough, War of the Worlds, cough)
-Lesson: Belhaven is a quality beverage.
-I saw a hardware store with a liquor store inside it. Maybe it's just me, but this seems to be encouraging the use of power tools under the influence.
-Is it an East Coast thing to go out the night before Thanksgiving? It's sort of like a mini high-school reunion at a divey local bar. This doesn't happen in my hometown. Maybe it's not small enough? Or maybe it does happen and I'm just not cool enough to know about it.
-I ate deep-fat-fried turkey. My father would be so jealous.
-There was also fresh apple cider, tasty clam chowder, good Italian food in Boston's North End, a coastal town with cute shops, a mall with great sales, a beach town with a delightfully old school arcade, Harry Potter and snow. (Hooray snow!)
Sometimes
You just don't know what to say, and you really wish you did.
-The Peter Pan bus is just $3 more than the Chinatown bus, and it is significantly less sketchy. Who knew? (The boy, apparently.)
-Lesson: When riding a bus for four and half hours, you will be unable to resist watching movies that were so bad you never wanted to see them again. (cough, War of the Worlds, cough)
-Lesson: Belhaven is a quality beverage.
-I saw a hardware store with a liquor store inside it. Maybe it's just me, but this seems to be encouraging the use of power tools under the influence.
-Is it an East Coast thing to go out the night before Thanksgiving? It's sort of like a mini high-school reunion at a divey local bar. This doesn't happen in my hometown. Maybe it's not small enough? Or maybe it does happen and I'm just not cool enough to know about it.
-I ate deep-fat-fried turkey. My father would be so jealous.
-There was also fresh apple cider, tasty clam chowder, good Italian food in Boston's North End, a coastal town with cute shops, a mall with great sales, a beach town with a delightfully old school arcade, Harry Potter and snow. (Hooray snow!)
Sometimes
You just don't know what to say, and you really wish you did.

1 Comments:
HEY! I LIKED war of the worlds! xoxo tina
ps and boston/mass sounds really lovely actually...quaint.
By
Anonymous, at 10:52 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home