Bag Lady
So I had a bunch of market appointments (industry speak for going to a showroom to preview fashion stuff) on Wednesday. The best part of market appointments is that they usually give you some great free stuff just for showing up. And apparently Wednesday was the day of the tote bag. I went to seven different showrooms, and I ended up with three different tote bags. They're all adorable, but, really, how many tote bags does a girl need?
Deal of the day
Every day I walk past a serious temptation: a Steve Madden store. It takes a good amount of will power to keep myself from buying a new pair of shoes each week. I fell in love with a pair of retro off-white heels there about two months ago, maybe more. But they were $80, and that was just a bit too steep for me. I'd stop in every once to visit them and see if they went on sale. They never did. Sigh. I was beginning to think it just wasn't meant to be. Until today! I swung in for a quick look on my way home, and they were marked down to $39.95! Half-off! And they had them in my size! Needless to say, I bought them. And on the walk home I celebrated my good luck by giving into the other serious temptation in my neighborhood: Cold Stone Creamery. And, really, is there anything else a girl needs besides ice cream and shoes? I don't think so.
So I had a bunch of market appointments (industry speak for going to a showroom to preview fashion stuff) on Wednesday. The best part of market appointments is that they usually give you some great free stuff just for showing up. And apparently Wednesday was the day of the tote bag. I went to seven different showrooms, and I ended up with three different tote bags. They're all adorable, but, really, how many tote bags does a girl need?
Deal of the day
Every day I walk past a serious temptation: a Steve Madden store. It takes a good amount of will power to keep myself from buying a new pair of shoes each week. I fell in love with a pair of retro off-white heels there about two months ago, maybe more. But they were $80, and that was just a bit too steep for me. I'd stop in every once to visit them and see if they went on sale. They never did. Sigh. I was beginning to think it just wasn't meant to be. Until today! I swung in for a quick look on my way home, and they were marked down to $39.95! Half-off! And they had them in my size! Needless to say, I bought them. And on the walk home I celebrated my good luck by giving into the other serious temptation in my neighborhood: Cold Stone Creamery. And, really, is there anything else a girl needs besides ice cream and shoes? I don't think so.

2 Comments:
i got cold stone today too! and a skirt...and pants, and a camisole. oops. but the skirt was marked down to $17 from $128 and the pants where half off, as was the cami. oh well. -tina
By
Anonymous, at 7:45 PM
So a grrrl only needs ice cream and shoes but also needs tote bags in limited quantities. Does that mean the she only needs the three or are the tote bags extraneous? Wouldn't she need more substantial substanance than ice cream? I'm confused.
By
Anonymous, at 10:44 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home