$70 Pedicures are over-rated
I have to admit I was a little under-whelmed by my trip to BuffSpa at Bergdorf Goodman. Yes, the products they used were all very expensive, I'm sure. And the tub they soaked your feet in had these cool stones in the bottom, as if to convince you you're somewhere exotic instead of the basement of a Manhattan department store. And they did give me champaigne, but I think that had a lot more to do with the whole big-company-trying-to-suck-up-to-magazine-editors thing than the expensive-pedicure thing. But, truthfully, the slightly ghetto place across the street from my apartment pampers you a little more (a calf massage and this special treatment that makes your heels baby soft) for like $50 less. But, hell, I'm not complaining. It's the first real pedicure I've gotten all year, and it was free. In fact, I think I'll go back and get another sometime soon. (Um, they gave me a gift card.) It's not like I've gone all crazy and would actually pay that much for a pedicure. I do still have to eat, people.
Giddy
For the first time in a long time, I am. Will have to see what develops ...
I have to admit I was a little under-whelmed by my trip to BuffSpa at Bergdorf Goodman. Yes, the products they used were all very expensive, I'm sure. And the tub they soaked your feet in had these cool stones in the bottom, as if to convince you you're somewhere exotic instead of the basement of a Manhattan department store. And they did give me champaigne, but I think that had a lot more to do with the whole big-company-trying-to-suck-up-to-magazine-editors thing than the expensive-pedicure thing. But, truthfully, the slightly ghetto place across the street from my apartment pampers you a little more (a calf massage and this special treatment that makes your heels baby soft) for like $50 less. But, hell, I'm not complaining. It's the first real pedicure I've gotten all year, and it was free. In fact, I think I'll go back and get another sometime soon. (Um, they gave me a gift card.) It's not like I've gone all crazy and would actually pay that much for a pedicure. I do still have to eat, people.
Giddy
For the first time in a long time, I am. Will have to see what develops ...

1 Comments:
My friend "G" would take me to a place in Harlem for $14 buck pedicures. They were great-and affordable enough to make it a necessity every week in the summer. I dunno it's something about a pedicure that makes you feel special. Spending $70 bucks on a pedicure would depress me a bit, that's like a new pair of Steve Madden shoes or great fitting jeans. But for free I'd take it! It would be nice to go to a spa on another person’s dime.
By
Schanina, at 2:10 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home