And Then Some

Monday, November 07, 2005

Trip or Treat
The boy and I went to see a Medeski, Martin and Wood concert on Halloween. It's a jazz jam band that's popular with the hippie crowd. So pretty much everyone else there was smoking up. And did I mention that most people were wearing costumes? This was a rather entertaining combination. Except for the tall guy who was dancing directly in front of me for a while who was wearing a gigantic sombrero on his back. Let's just say it was more annoying than getting stuck behind a certain backpack-wearing Maneater columnist at a concert at the Blue Note. Or at least I was in greater danger of getting smacked in the face. But the concert rocked. The music was great. I got to dance with the boy. (There was more making out, but Jimmy Falon was no where in sight.) And there was this awesome aerial choreography above the stage. (Think really wacked out human marionettes.) Oh, and in one of the funniest moments of the night, a random hippie chick ran up and hugged us and told us to be good.

Move over Chad Michael Murray
Friday I got to do the best celebrity interview pretty much ever. Really, it's going to be hard to top. I interviewed ... Kermit the Frog. Yes, that's right, the Muppet. And I have a picture of him reading my magazine to prove it.

Like a clown car without wheels. If clown cars served alcohol.
So I threw a party Saturday night. I'd say over the course of the night about 30 people or so came, and at one point, we had about 20 people squeezed into my tiny little apartment at the same time. I was pretty damn impressed we all fit. And in my opinion, it was a smashing success. At least I know I had a lot of fun, and that's what counts. (I just wish I had some of the good beer left over instead of the Coors Light.)

I could use a foot massage
Because I had to go to jury duty this morning, I forgot to throw anything to wear to dance class in my bag. This meant I had to dance in my socks. Step dancing + hard wood floors + no shoes = really sore feet. So if anyone of my readers wants to volunteer ...

3 Comments:

  • hint hint..the boy? foot massage?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 PM  

  • Sorry I couldn't make it to your party Anne! Here's to making outness and smittenness!

    By Blogger danielle, at 3:43 PM  

  • I know! I'll have to hit him up for one when I see him. But when I needed the foot massage, he was in Hoboken. Sigh.

    By Blogger Anne, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home