And Then Some

Monday, September 08, 2003

God bless cable internet
Cable internet was installed in my apartment last Tuesday, but the tech guy just came today to make it work on my computer. After an entire summer of Internet access through my cell phone, this seems space age. Expect more frequent blogging. And maybe I'll catch up on all those e-mails I've been meaning to send.

My new roommate
Dan moved in on the Sunday before Labor Day. I gave him keys to the apartment and then went to visit my brother up in Poughkeepsie. Mostly I wanted to be out of the way, but I also did not want to get roped into helping him carry his stuff up the five flights of stairs to our apartment. I would have to do that for myself soon enough.

I was so scared when I got back to my apartment the next day. There were boxes piled all over the living room and junk covering every surface. There were even dirty clothes on the counter. I could barely get to my room. And it already smelled. I was practically in tears. I was scared even more when I was getting ready for work the next day and discovered that he did not own soap. Things improved once he unpacked the living room on Tuesday. He also purchased soap. There were still lots of boxes in his room, though. And it smelled when his door was opened. He bought IKEA shelves for his room and has finally unpacked his room. This helped with the smell. Perhaps the roommate situation is looking up.

My other new roommate
Paul arrived in New York today. He's going to be sleeping on my futon for a while. I'm excited because I'll have some one to hang out with. I'm also excited because I've lived with Paul before and know he doesn't smell too bad.

Farewell, Lord Phil
Our publisher resigned today. This makes me sad because I never got to tell any good stories about Lord Phil. Maybe because he was never around the office too much. It also sucks for our magazine because our big national conference is next week, and we won't have a publisher. Oh, and there's a hiring freeze at our company so we can't hire a new publisher. Fun for all.

Random
This morning I left my apartment building behind a man carrying keys and a bowl of milk and cereal. (Frosted Mini Wheats, if you're curious.) He ate the cereal as he walked down the stairs and out the door. Then he climbed into the driver's side of a a Jeep and drove away. Won't the milk spill? Has he not heard of cereal bars?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home