And Then Some

Monday, August 04, 2003

Being the new girl is weird
Today was my first day. It felt sort of like being the kid who switches schools in the middle of the year, except I didn't bring cookies. The day was overwhelming and crazy but good. As soon as I arrived, I started packing up books to switch cubicles. It's hard to pack up all of your belongings when you don't know what any of it is or what's important. I filled out paper work in HR and got my picture taken for this nifty computerized card item that activates elevators and opens door.

Everyone was really nice (and young for the most part). Two other editors, a guy from advertising and the art guy (I already know that he's the office gossip) took me to "The Deli" to get lunch. The deli has a name, but everyone just calls it The Deli because it's the only one people from my magazine go to. I had a pretty quality sandwich, but I won't break our executive editor's heart by telling him that it wasn't much different from the sandwiches I got at the deli near Family Circle last summer.

Oh, and our publisher is a dashing middle-aged British man. I don't think I'll see much of him, but I thoroughly enjoy his accent.

We're getting a new assistant editor next Monday and a new art assistant the week after that, so I won't be the newest new girl for too much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home