And Then Some

Saturday, July 12, 2003

Baffling
I really have no idea how my Family Circle interview went. It was very brief, but the editor told me flat out that I was well qualified for the job. Was it bad? Was it good? I spent the rest of the day Thursday trying to figure it out.

Sometimes I hate New York City
Thursday I was verbally accosted by a man waiting behind me at a pay phone. He acted as if I was hogging the only pay phone in all of Manhattan. There were other pay phones one block in every direction, but he had to have this phone. Perhaps it had something to do with the mysterious package he was carrying. Whatever it was, I didn't want to argue too much with the crazy man wearing brown cut-off jeans. But in true New York style, I did flip him off as I walked away.

It finally feels like summer
I'm back in Belvidere for the weekend to go to a bridal shower, and tonight I had my first moment that truly felt like summer. It was just starting to get dark out, and I was walking around the corner to Melissa's house. The air was just cool enough, and it smelled like summer. Someone was setting off fireworks in their backyard even though the Fourth of July was a week ago, and I could hear a little country music coming from a few doors down. I even saw a few fireflies. It was lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home