Visiting Granny in the Granite State
This weekend I went to New Hampshire to visit my grandmother. (Thanks for the ride, bro.) It was a quality time. We took Gram out for lunch at her favorite seafood place. It was the first real seafood I've had since I got back from Ireland. Way to be near a major body of water New Hampshire. We also went to church with Gram via that Catholic cable channel, and I saw my first ordination. It wasn't that different from normal Mass except it was a lot longer with a lot more Latin. Two of my cousins were in town too, so I got to meet my new baby cousin, Bridget Kathryn (think this is maybe the Irish side of my family?). She's two months old, adorable and so fat. Debi kept calling Bridget her behemoth baby.
Keep your fingers crossed
On Monday I got an e-mail from someone saying he saw my resume and is interested in talking. Said conversation hasn't actually taken place yet, but this is the closest I've come to a job interview, so I'm quite pumped.
I miss custard
It's impossible to find frozen custard on this city. If I wanted Lebanese food at 3 a.m. (what that entails, I'm not quite sure), I could have it. Good luck finding a concrete, though. Not that I'd rather be in Wisconsin, but they do know a thing or two about custard. But perhaps there's hope for New York yet. A Cold Stone Creamery is opening in Times Square (ugh). According to Time Out New York, "You get to pick from 32 flavors of dense, hyper-creamy ice cream; then a professional handler will slap a pile of it onto a chilled granite stone and, with two paddles, mix in whatever candy, nuts and fruit you choose." Sounds pretty close to a hand-mixed concrete to me. (Yes, Wisconsin-ites, I realize it's not actually custard. Don't get your panties in a bunch.)
This weekend I went to New Hampshire to visit my grandmother. (Thanks for the ride, bro.) It was a quality time. We took Gram out for lunch at her favorite seafood place. It was the first real seafood I've had since I got back from Ireland. Way to be near a major body of water New Hampshire. We also went to church with Gram via that Catholic cable channel, and I saw my first ordination. It wasn't that different from normal Mass except it was a lot longer with a lot more Latin. Two of my cousins were in town too, so I got to meet my new baby cousin, Bridget Kathryn (think this is maybe the Irish side of my family?). She's two months old, adorable and so fat. Debi kept calling Bridget her behemoth baby.
Keep your fingers crossed
On Monday I got an e-mail from someone saying he saw my resume and is interested in talking. Said conversation hasn't actually taken place yet, but this is the closest I've come to a job interview, so I'm quite pumped.
I miss custard
It's impossible to find frozen custard on this city. If I wanted Lebanese food at 3 a.m. (what that entails, I'm not quite sure), I could have it. Good luck finding a concrete, though. Not that I'd rather be in Wisconsin, but they do know a thing or two about custard. But perhaps there's hope for New York yet. A Cold Stone Creamery is opening in Times Square (ugh). According to Time Out New York, "You get to pick from 32 flavors of dense, hyper-creamy ice cream; then a professional handler will slap a pile of it onto a chilled granite stone and, with two paddles, mix in whatever candy, nuts and fruit you choose." Sounds pretty close to a hand-mixed concrete to me. (Yes, Wisconsin-ites, I realize it's not actually custard. Don't get your panties in a bunch.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home