And Then Some

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Can we talk about how much today sucked?
First, I had to wake up at 4 in the morning. Then I spent 15 hours sitting in a car with my brother. I didn't drive at all. Why are guys macho and stupid about letting other people drive their cars? Then I sat on a train for two hours. As my bags were too heavy for me to lift over my head, I got cuddle with them for the entire ride. Then I had to drag said bags out to the taxi stand. My duffel bag and my big red backpack didn't seem that heavy when I was packing them. Silly me. The taxi dropped me off half a block from my apartment. I kept stopping every few feet to readjust my bags. Then came the stairs. Two big bags + my laptop + a purse + five flights of stairs = just not going to happen. I ended up making two trips up every flight, moving my bags bit by bit. By the time I arrived at my apartment I was bathed in sweat. Now I'm hungry but really don't have the energy to go out and get food. Okay, I'll stop bitching now.

It's all about perspective
I perfer to think of it as my cab driver simply swearing in his native language at other cabs. That's much less frightening than realizing you are alone at night in a car with a man who is muttering to himself.

Viva technology
Thanks to a gadget from Sprint and the arrival of my laptop in New York, I am blogging for the first time from my apartment. Unfortunately, said gadget is very, very pokey.

Won't you be my neighbor?
I think someone is finally moving into the apartment across the hall. At least that's how I chose to interpret all the empty boxes and stuff I had to step over to get into my apartment. Maybe this means I'll finally meet someone from my building. Wait, people don't do that in New York, do they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home