And Then Some

Thursday, May 15, 2003

NYPD Blue
Yesterday I saw someone get arrested in this Internet cafe.

Law & Order
A judge has ruled that MTA has to roll back the fare hike. Who else is really excited about this? It will save me 50 cents every time I ride the subway, unless MTA wins their appeal. Come on, people. You "cooked the books" as the news keeps putting it. Don't try to get out of this. Please. I could really use the extra cash.

Not just knock-off handbags and bootleg CDs any more ...
Now street vendors in New York are also selling Saddam playing cards for just five dollars. Order your own deck from me today.*

*Postage and handling extra.

Networking
I had lunch with my editor from Family Circle today. She might be able to take me to a press event about the Ireland hosting the Special Olympics World Games this summer. She even suggested possibly going there to cover them for Family Circle, but she didn't realize they were so soon. Alas, that would have rocked. I need to think up more freelance stories that require going back to Ireland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home