And Then Some

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Flattery
Last night, I had two entertaining run-ins with the opposite sex.

On my way to pick up keys to my new apartment, I passed to guys in their twenties. One had long, curly hair in a pony tail and was lighting a cigarette. The taller one with short hair smiled at me and stopped.
Guy: Hey, can I ask you a question before you run along on your way?
Me: Okay.
Guy: Do you smoke?
Me: No.
Guy: Well, if you did, and your friend asked you for a cigarette but you only had one left, what would you do?
Me: Share it.
Guy: As he's walking away Now, that's a true American.

On my way back to the subway from picking up my keys, I passed a group of three or four 18-year-old guys sitting on a stoop and drinking something out of a paper bag.
Kid 1: Hey, every body shut up. You're supposed to be quite when a beautiful woman walks by.
Kid 2: Yeah, have some respect for an angel.

Beverage
Last night I also met two of my cousins for drinks. It inspired me to write a haiku.

Too many cosmos
In a swanky hotel bar
Make Tuesday night fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home