And Then Some

Monday, April 14, 2003

Anticipation
Ever since this summer, I've been waiting for two things to be released. Anger Management and Lucinda Williams' new album. This week waiting ended with mixed results.

Anger Management was disappointing. I didn't laugh very much, and I didn't catch a glimpse of Dan and Julie in the crowd at the Yankees game. I guess I shouldn't have expected much. After all, I knew from the beginning that it was going to end with a cheesy profession of love at a Yankees game. It was still vaguely satisfying to know I was a couple of pixels in that crowd somewhere, though.

Lucinda's World Without Tears was definitely worth the trip to Best Buy. Since her concert in Central Park (during last summer's 24 hours of perfection), I've wanted to hear "Ventura" again. Now I can. As often as I want. Even if the rest of the the album was crap (which it isn't), that one song makes the wait worthwhile for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home