And Then Some

Thursday, April 10, 2003

Belvidere Vice(s)
Now that I'm back in Belvidere, I've reverted to an old bad habit. That's right; I've started watching General Hospital. But just General Hosptial, not the entire ABC daytime line-up (yet). I've also picked up a new habit: The Bachelor. I even got my mother to watch. She pretended to think it was horrible, but she just didn't want to admit she thought it was funny too.

Sin at the Salvation Army
Yesterday, some one donated a whip to the Salvation Army Thrift Store. My mother thought this was funny and kept threatening to bring it home to keep my dad in line (scarring, trust me). Well, today there was something even more scandalous.

Mom: You'll never believe what came into the store today. It's worse than the whip.
Me (truly frightened): What?
Mom: It was a pair of those, what do you call 'em, the underwear with the string up the butt.
Me: A thong?
Mom: Yes, that's it. And there was this, well, I wasn't sure what it was at first. It could have been another thong. I finally decided it was a bra, but it had holes in it. Now it was too flimsy to be a nursing bra, but the holes were right where the nipples would be. What's the point in that?

I didn't have the heart to explain the bra to my mom, but I tell her about the fashion craze involving thongs and low-rise jeans, which frightened her considerably. Maybe my mother wouldn't be this sheltered if we got cable.

Quote of the Day
"Well, everyone got splattered when the shit hit the fan."
- my dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home