And Then Some

Tuesday, January 14, 2003

A Visit from Dr. Who
Today, my friend Eric visited. He's the friend who came to prom dressed as Dr. Who. The friend who's been trying to get me to listen to Phish ever since we were sophomores in high school. The friend who once served a month in the Coles County jail. The friend whose hair is longer than mine. It's curly and messy. Julie would love it. At El Mocajete (home of the best burritos in Belvidere), the owner brought us menus and said, "Hello, Ladies." It took him a minute to realize his mistake. There was a lot of apologizing. That's how long Eric's hair is. Also while at El Mocajete, I ran into Steve from Belvidere. This might not seem unusual, as I was in Belvidere at the time, unless you realize that by "Steve from Belvidere" I mean "Steve the kid from Belvidere who goes to Mizzou and works at Chipotle." I had just been telling Eric about how I love Chipotle's crunchy steak tacos. Eric is also the friend who smoked an illegal substance while driving me home from lunch today. This was a first for me. I always thought people were more discreet than that. Especially when they're on probation. Huh. I've made Eric sound a bit frightening. I didn't mean to. He's really a good guy. I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home