Adventures in Temping
I had my first two temp jobs this week. First, I worked at a doctor's office. His name was Dr. Rodeo, but unfortunately I didn't get to meet him. The other unfortunate part of this temp job was that the office didn't actually need a temp. They hadn't called for one. I'm still not sure what miracle in miscommunication convinced the temp agency that I was supposed to be there for a week. I got to stay and file stuff for a while and then read a book and guard the phones while the two secretaries and the nurse took a two hour lunch. Then at 2:45 I went home.
I started a real temp job on Thursday. Real in the sense that they were expecting me and had work for me to do. I'm doing data entry at a financial company. In the past two days I've typed over 500 names and addresses. Woo. I sit between two of the slimiest men in the world. On my left is Jason. He's about my age, winks at me a lot and was dressed like a milk man on Friday (or perhaps as if he was going to go yachting). On my right is Gary. He's middle-aged and yells into the phone a lot and on Thursday kept using my computer to message some one about a golf match.
Press Pass
Wednesday night I went to an Ani DiFranco concert in Central Park. I probably should have gone to the Ed2010 Happy Hour instead, but the concert sounded like more fun and it was free. Julie Seabaugh had an extra press pass, so I got in for free and got to sit in the VIP section. When we were leaving, we walked past Chris Katan from Saturday Night Live. He's a very tiny man. He looked about 15.
Things I've learned about myself in the past week
1. I look hot in a toilet paper wedding gown.
2. Apparently, I could pass for Jewish.
I had my first two temp jobs this week. First, I worked at a doctor's office. His name was Dr. Rodeo, but unfortunately I didn't get to meet him. The other unfortunate part of this temp job was that the office didn't actually need a temp. They hadn't called for one. I'm still not sure what miracle in miscommunication convinced the temp agency that I was supposed to be there for a week. I got to stay and file stuff for a while and then read a book and guard the phones while the two secretaries and the nurse took a two hour lunch. Then at 2:45 I went home.
I started a real temp job on Thursday. Real in the sense that they were expecting me and had work for me to do. I'm doing data entry at a financial company. In the past two days I've typed over 500 names and addresses. Woo. I sit between two of the slimiest men in the world. On my left is Jason. He's about my age, winks at me a lot and was dressed like a milk man on Friday (or perhaps as if he was going to go yachting). On my right is Gary. He's middle-aged and yells into the phone a lot and on Thursday kept using my computer to message some one about a golf match.
Press Pass
Wednesday night I went to an Ani DiFranco concert in Central Park. I probably should have gone to the Ed2010 Happy Hour instead, but the concert sounded like more fun and it was free. Julie Seabaugh had an extra press pass, so I got in for free and got to sit in the VIP section. When we were leaving, we walked past Chris Katan from Saturday Night Live. He's a very tiny man. He looked about 15.
Things I've learned about myself in the past week
1. I look hot in a toilet paper wedding gown.
2. Apparently, I could pass for Jewish.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home