And Then Some

Sunday, July 20, 2003

Border War
Yesterday I was walking down 84th St. and passed a guy guarding a bunch of boxes (in a moving in kind of way, not a crazy-homeless-man kind of way). It is important to note that I was wearing a Mizzou Journalism shirt at the time.

Box Guy: Did you really go to Mizzou?
Me: Yeah.
BG: How would you feel about a Jay Hawk?
Me: You went to KU?
BG: Yeah, what do you think about that?
Me: It's tragic, really. I feel sorry for you.

Plan my life. Please.
When I left work on Friday, I had a message from HR at the trade mag. People don't usually reject you over the phone, right? So I think I'm going to get a job offer, but I don't know if I should take it. Will I get permanently stuck in trade magazines or copyediting? Should I take it because it's a job or should I keep temping it and hope to find a real editorial assistant position? I know no one else can make this decision for me, but your opinions would really help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home