My new roommate
I got a new roommate today. He was already dead, so I wrapped him up in three paper towels and put him in the trash.
No, I did not kill Dan. I found a cockroach belly up in my hallway this morning. Apparently while I was out of town, I missed more than the blackout. Brooke saw a cockroach and a mouse in one night. She had the super call an exterminator, and they sprayed my apartment this Monday. I'm glad I only had to see the dead one. It was still gross.
Theft
I'm pretty sure the cleaning lady steals my pens if I leave them out on my desk. I only sort of suspected before and had been making an effort to leave my pens in my drawer just in case. Then today I was about the leave but decided to make a trip to the bathroom before I left. When I came back, the cleaning lady was in my cube. After she left, my pen was nowhere to be seen. It was not on my desk or in my drawer, and I hadn't left it over by the fax machine. In fact I didn't have any pens left. I have been at work three and a half weeks and have lost three pens. This is upsetting because they were nice pens I splurged on at Staples (and by splurged I mean a four-pack of those Uniball gel pens instead of my usual cheap-o Bics) and I really liked the way they write. I still have one pen left, and that's because it's still here at my apartment. I guess that's where I should keep it. The more satisfying writing (journals, letters, etc.) happens here any way. Perhaps it's just a sign that I shouldn't waste the good pens on post-it notes and phone messages.
Unsightly
In the 86th Street subway stations tonight I saw a middle-aged woman in the most frightening outfit. She was wearing a gray tank top body suit. How could I tell it was a body suit, you ask? She was also wearing billowy white linen pants that tied in front and were slit up to the knee and completely see-through. I seriously hope she was on her way to a yoga class or something of the sort.
I got a new roommate today. He was already dead, so I wrapped him up in three paper towels and put him in the trash.
No, I did not kill Dan. I found a cockroach belly up in my hallway this morning. Apparently while I was out of town, I missed more than the blackout. Brooke saw a cockroach and a mouse in one night. She had the super call an exterminator, and they sprayed my apartment this Monday. I'm glad I only had to see the dead one. It was still gross.
Theft
I'm pretty sure the cleaning lady steals my pens if I leave them out on my desk. I only sort of suspected before and had been making an effort to leave my pens in my drawer just in case. Then today I was about the leave but decided to make a trip to the bathroom before I left. When I came back, the cleaning lady was in my cube. After she left, my pen was nowhere to be seen. It was not on my desk or in my drawer, and I hadn't left it over by the fax machine. In fact I didn't have any pens left. I have been at work three and a half weeks and have lost three pens. This is upsetting because they were nice pens I splurged on at Staples (and by splurged I mean a four-pack of those Uniball gel pens instead of my usual cheap-o Bics) and I really liked the way they write. I still have one pen left, and that's because it's still here at my apartment. I guess that's where I should keep it. The more satisfying writing (journals, letters, etc.) happens here any way. Perhaps it's just a sign that I shouldn't waste the good pens on post-it notes and phone messages.
Unsightly
In the 86th Street subway stations tonight I saw a middle-aged woman in the most frightening outfit. She was wearing a gray tank top body suit. How could I tell it was a body suit, you ask? She was also wearing billowy white linen pants that tied in front and were slit up to the knee and completely see-through. I seriously hope she was on her way to a yoga class or something of the sort.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home