Random musings from The Blue Note
- The Blue Note is even creepier when you are by yourself. Without a protective bubble of friends I was even more aware of all the creepy men over the age of 35 standing alone, wearing leather jackets, clutching their beers and staring freely at all the girls around them. One of them even tried to start a conversation with me. Eww. I would say the atmosphere was even creepier than Y107 night. If you think I'm just being paranoid, you obviously don't know my previous track record with creepy old guys and definitely haven't heard the story of the Scary Laundromat Man (circa summer 2001). If you haven't heard the story, ask me to tell you about it sometime. It's a good story.
-The Blue Note got significantly less creepy after my friends showed up halfway through the opening act.
-I saw Jonah* "I'm so progressive I'm a women's studies major and I'm moving to Nice. Have you heard of Nice? It's in France." McIntire. He was wearing overalls. Apparently Nice wasn't progressive enough for him so he moved back to mid-Missouri.
-I saw a woman drinkng a bottle of Bud out of a koozie. She brought her own koozie to the concert. Now that's class.
-I saw a woman wearing the exact same purple sweater as I was. Talk about a fashion faux pas. Luckily, The Blue Note was crowded, otherwise this could have been very embarrassing.
-Hilary Scott was the opening act. She was also the opening act when I saw Jonatha Brooke at The Blue Note last semester. She hasn't gotten any better.
-It was funny when Beth Orton called part of the crowd wankers for being noisy and rude. She's so British and dirty.
-Times I've seen Beth Orton in concert: 2
-Times I've seen Beth Orton in concert for free: 2
*English 208 is a prerequisite for this joke.
- The Blue Note is even creepier when you are by yourself. Without a protective bubble of friends I was even more aware of all the creepy men over the age of 35 standing alone, wearing leather jackets, clutching their beers and staring freely at all the girls around them. One of them even tried to start a conversation with me. Eww. I would say the atmosphere was even creepier than Y107 night. If you think I'm just being paranoid, you obviously don't know my previous track record with creepy old guys and definitely haven't heard the story of the Scary Laundromat Man (circa summer 2001). If you haven't heard the story, ask me to tell you about it sometime. It's a good story.
-The Blue Note got significantly less creepy after my friends showed up halfway through the opening act.
-I saw Jonah* "I'm so progressive I'm a women's studies major and I'm moving to Nice. Have you heard of Nice? It's in France." McIntire. He was wearing overalls. Apparently Nice wasn't progressive enough for him so he moved back to mid-Missouri.
-I saw a woman drinkng a bottle of Bud out of a koozie. She brought her own koozie to the concert. Now that's class.
-I saw a woman wearing the exact same purple sweater as I was. Talk about a fashion faux pas. Luckily, The Blue Note was crowded, otherwise this could have been very embarrassing.
-Hilary Scott was the opening act. She was also the opening act when I saw Jonatha Brooke at The Blue Note last semester. She hasn't gotten any better.
-It was funny when Beth Orton called part of the crowd wankers for being noisy and rude. She's so British and dirty.
-Times I've seen Beth Orton in concert: 2
-Times I've seen Beth Orton in concert for free: 2
*English 208 is a prerequisite for this joke.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home