Trains, Planes and Automobiles
In the past 72 hours I have ridden in 2 shuttles, 2 airplanes, 2 city buses, 4 subway cars and walked numerous blocks. This makes me tired.
I have decided that this trip to New York was my first official business trip. I flew in, spent the next day inside a convention center wearing business attire and talking about my career aspirations with total strangers. The next day I flew home. This makes me feel old.
Things I Learned at HOT Magazine JOBS: The Premier Job Fair
1. The people who work for Martha Stewart are bitchy.
2. Playboy covers are frightening when blown up into posters taller than me.
3. All those tabloids are published by the same company, and someone let them into the job fair.
4. There is a company devoted entirely to publishing magazines about building remote-control airplanes. They have multiple titles.
Things that made this trip worthwhile
-organic neoploitan pizza (yum, fresh mozzarella)
-watching and mocking the WB and the Bachelor with my jet-lagged cousin
-the sale rack at Anthropologie
-eating at a cute dinner next to the tram to Roosevelt Island
In the past 72 hours I have ridden in 2 shuttles, 2 airplanes, 2 city buses, 4 subway cars and walked numerous blocks. This makes me tired.
I have decided that this trip to New York was my first official business trip. I flew in, spent the next day inside a convention center wearing business attire and talking about my career aspirations with total strangers. The next day I flew home. This makes me feel old.
Things I Learned at HOT Magazine JOBS: The Premier Job Fair
1. The people who work for Martha Stewart are bitchy.
2. Playboy covers are frightening when blown up into posters taller than me.
3. All those tabloids are published by the same company, and someone let them into the job fair.
4. There is a company devoted entirely to publishing magazines about building remote-control airplanes. They have multiple titles.
Things that made this trip worthwhile
-organic neoploitan pizza (yum, fresh mozzarella)
-watching and mocking the WB and the Bachelor with my jet-lagged cousin
-the sale rack at Anthropologie
-eating at a cute dinner next to the tram to Roosevelt Island

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home