Freedom
Thanks to the strep, I was in quarentine this weekend. The boy's mom is a nurse, and she told us we would be contagious until we'd be on antibiotics for two days. To avoid infecting our friends, we stayed in the apartment all weekend. I did sneak out to go to the library on Saturday, though. (Sorry, if I don't know you, I don't care if you get strep throat.) All of this made going to work on Monday pretty exciting.
Justification
One of the boy's friends just got engaged, and his fiance's family is loaded. (Her dad has a private jet.) We got invited to their engagement party here. Swanky, right? It's on Fifth Ave. and overlooks Central Park. I think this means I need a new dress from Anthropologie, especially since the party is the week after my birthday, um, and I just got promoted, and .... OK, I've run out of reasons, but I think I've talked myself into it. I also had a lot of time to shop online while I was stuck inside over the weekend. Here are the two frontrunners.
Good intentions
I made myself the loveliest salad for lunch today. I brought to work in the handy-dandy salad shaker thingy I got for Christmas. (It has a compartment for salad dressing!) But it was a co-workers birthday today, so we had a party this morning. That meant I had a huge bagel (mmm ... Panera) and way too many donut holes. That lovely salad? Yeah, barely touched it.
Thanks to the strep, I was in quarentine this weekend. The boy's mom is a nurse, and she told us we would be contagious until we'd be on antibiotics for two days. To avoid infecting our friends, we stayed in the apartment all weekend. I did sneak out to go to the library on Saturday, though. (Sorry, if I don't know you, I don't care if you get strep throat.) All of this made going to work on Monday pretty exciting.
Justification
One of the boy's friends just got engaged, and his fiance's family is loaded. (Her dad has a private jet.) We got invited to their engagement party here. Swanky, right? It's on Fifth Ave. and overlooks Central Park. I think this means I need a new dress from Anthropologie, especially since the party is the week after my birthday, um, and I just got promoted, and .... OK, I've run out of reasons, but I think I've talked myself into it. I also had a lot of time to shop online while I was stuck inside over the weekend. Here are the two frontrunners.
Good intentions
I made myself the loveliest salad for lunch today. I brought to work in the handy-dandy salad shaker thingy I got for Christmas. (It has a compartment for salad dressing!) But it was a co-workers birthday today, so we had a party this morning. That meant I had a huge bagel (mmm ... Panera) and way too many donut holes. That lovely salad? Yeah, barely touched it.

3 Comments:
Um, you TOTALLY need a new Anthropologie dress for that party. I really like the one you picked out, too. This is my current obsession. I'm just waiting for it to go a little bit more on sale, since I did not recently get a promotion and am trying valiantly to pay off my credit card/save money for Thailand.
BTW, do you have an Anthropologie wish list? I created one a while back so I could monitor the dresses I love and see when they go on sale. I check it just about every week. It's a worthwhile pastime.
By
Anonymous, at 1:16 PM
Ooh, I don't have an Anthropologie wish list yet, but it sounds like a brillant idea. Then I can keep an eye on both this dress and a black lace number I really like. BTW, I love the dress you're obsessed with, so you should totally buy it.
By
Anne, at 6:35 PM
Both of your choices are awesome. Yours too, Clare. I wish I could pull off an Anthropologie dress. But I don't go anywhere nice, so it's okay.
By
Kristin, at 10:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home