And Then Some

Friday, January 05, 2007

Just say no to rheumatic fever
That fever I had New Year's Day? Turns out I have strep throat. I wouldn't have a clue if I didn't have to go get a doctor's note on Tuesday. (Yes, she does in fact have a fever and swollen glands! No, she's not just milking an extra day out of the three day weekend!) The nurse said it was probably just a virus but did a strep test just in case.

The next day, I felt fine, just a little stuffed up, so I went to work. Then Thursday night, I get a message from the doctor's office saying they have my lab results. Well, I think, they're obviously negative because I feel fine and my throat doesn't hurt. I've had strep throat before. It hurts. The nurse calls again this morning and tells me she has a prescription for me. Really? Yes. You have strep throat. Really? Yes. Well, I guess it can't hurt to take the pills. And as The Boy pointed out, strep can turn into rheumatic fever if you don't treat it. I guess I should listen to him. After all, I gave him strep throat, so I should probably be nice to him.

Breaking my streak
I haven't had a cavity in at least 15 years. It's been long enough that I really don't have any recollection of getting fillings. I think I only had one cavity, and I was still young enough that I cried because I was afraid of the drill. Then I go to the dentist today, and I have two cavities. Two! Bugger.

Give me the good news
Just when I was beginning to think that 2007 was going down the tubes after just five day (strep throat, cavities, and an epic battle with my credit card company because they misprinted my new card with the wrong expiration date and it kept getting declined), something good happens. I got promoted! It doesn't really change my job description at all, but it's still a nice perk.

Nerd Love
As I type this, The Boy is playing his new PS3. Yes, he waited in line outside at 9 in the morning to get it on New Year's Eve Day. He would like me to point out that he did not specifically get up early to go get it, he just happened to wake up that early on a Sunday morning and saw online that Best Buy was getting in a shipment. Sorry, babe, I'm not sure if that makes you less of a nerd. But you do get points for not camping out over night to get it.

1 Comments:

  • I found a PS3 for my brother at lunch today. Just sitting in its little case at Target. He doesn't know yet. I am strangely excited about this.
    Kate

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home