And Then Some

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Oh, August, where did you go?
Oh, yeah, packing and moving ate up most of the month. That's right, I'm a New Jersey resident now. How scary is that? I like it so far, but the commute is just as crappy. Boo.

Good Things
-We hired an editorial assistant (finally)!
-A trip to Boston and Rhode Island, including some time at the beach and tasty food at Crazy Burger
-A visit from my Mom and going to see Mother Courage in Her Children (starring Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline) in Central Park
-My new apartment is two doors down from a Panera, so I can smell bakery goodness when I get up in the morning.

Not So Good Things
-U-Haul. First they gave me an incorrect address. Then when I acutally found the place, it was closed, so they transferred my reservation to this sketchy-looking place in Harlem. We ended up with a U-Haul that was ready to fall apart. Thank God I didn't have to drive it.
-To make things even more fun, it rained the day I moved, too. Awesome.
-Staying at my old apartment until 11:30 on Wednesday so I could finish cleaning it before giving back my keys.

Step off, creepy old man!
On my way home after the marathon cleaning, I was loaded down with a backpack, a broom, a bucket and several shopping bags of cleaning supplies and such. I just to make it from the cab to the PATH, no big deal. But on my way down the stairs to the train, a guy walking past me very blatantly groped my chest! But with my arms weighed down with all that crap there was nothing I could do fast enough to stop him. In true New York fashion, I loudly cursed him out instead. His only response was, "Nice tits." Grr.

A meal that cost more than the outfit I was wearing
Sometimes I forget how crazy New York can be. Then on Tuesday I went out to dinner with my cousins (they picked the restaurant), and my quarter of the meal ended up costing $76! The food and wine were amazing, but I might not have money for food for a while. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home