I'd expect to see this in Vermont*, not New Jersey
It was finally nice this weekend, so I decided to go for a walk by the river. I was finishing a loop around the pier, when I passed a small boy on a scooter. I'd say he was about four or five years old. He was wearing a helmet, and I think he was wearing shoes. Both smart ideas. But he wasn't wearing any clothes. A) Riding a scooter naked just seems like a bad idea. B) You think his parents might have noticed the whole lack of clothing thing when they were helping him put on his helmet. C) OK, maybe his parents are hippies.
*Apparently in a town in Vermont (Burlington, I think), there's an old law on the books allowing public nudity. So local teens have started hanging out naked in parking lots downtown.
Preview
-I'm going to see The Wedding Singer on Broadway tomorrow. (Hey, I won the tickets at a bar.) I'll report back.
-I leave for vacation this Saturday. Hooray! I'm headed to Missouri, Colorado and Iowa, and it will be the first time I've left the East Coast in nine months. There will be a road trip with the other half of my brain. There will be a stop in Columbia for Shakey's, Trops and a trip to the new Berg. There will be camping. There will be a visit with a friend who just moved to Denver. There will be a wedding, and I'll see friends I haven't seen in three and a half years. Good times will be had by all.
It was finally nice this weekend, so I decided to go for a walk by the river. I was finishing a loop around the pier, when I passed a small boy on a scooter. I'd say he was about four or five years old. He was wearing a helmet, and I think he was wearing shoes. Both smart ideas. But he wasn't wearing any clothes. A) Riding a scooter naked just seems like a bad idea. B) You think his parents might have noticed the whole lack of clothing thing when they were helping him put on his helmet. C) OK, maybe his parents are hippies.
*Apparently in a town in Vermont (Burlington, I think), there's an old law on the books allowing public nudity. So local teens have started hanging out naked in parking lots downtown.
Preview
-I'm going to see The Wedding Singer on Broadway tomorrow. (Hey, I won the tickets at a bar.) I'll report back.
-I leave for vacation this Saturday. Hooray! I'm headed to Missouri, Colorado and Iowa, and it will be the first time I've left the East Coast in nine months. There will be a road trip with the other half of my brain. There will be a stop in Columbia for Shakey's, Trops and a trip to the new Berg. There will be camping. There will be a visit with a friend who just moved to Denver. There will be a wedding, and I'll see friends I haven't seen in three and a half years. Good times will be had by all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home