Best E-Mail Ever
After finishing a story at work last week, the professor I interviewed for the story wrote me a note to say he was happy he could help, etc. My favorite sentence from that e-mail: "It is also good to know a famous person like you."
Best Pick-up Line Ever
So I was at a local pub (not Trinity) with my roommate last night. I was walking back to our seats after going to the restroom, and I was suddenly stopped by a large Egyptian man. The conversation went like this.
LEM: Excuse me, are you Chinese?
Me: Um, no.
LEM: Then where are you from?
Me: Illinois.
LEM: Are you a farmer?
Me: No, but my grandfather used to have a dairy farm a long time ago.
LEM: Do you milk cows?
Me: No. I'm not a farmer.
I'm not sure how much he had to drink to confuse a pasty white girl like me for a Chinese woman, but it must have been a lot. And this official bumps the men looking for a Winnebago in Doolan to the second most bizarre conversation I've ever had.
After finishing a story at work last week, the professor I interviewed for the story wrote me a note to say he was happy he could help, etc. My favorite sentence from that e-mail: "It is also good to know a famous person like you."
Best Pick-up Line Ever
So I was at a local pub (not Trinity) with my roommate last night. I was walking back to our seats after going to the restroom, and I was suddenly stopped by a large Egyptian man. The conversation went like this.
LEM: Excuse me, are you Chinese?
Me: Um, no.
LEM: Then where are you from?
Me: Illinois.
LEM: Are you a farmer?
Me: No, but my grandfather used to have a dairy farm a long time ago.
LEM: Do you milk cows?
Me: No. I'm not a farmer.
I'm not sure how much he had to drink to confuse a pasty white girl like me for a Chinese woman, but it must have been a lot. And this official bumps the men looking for a Winnebago in Doolan to the second most bizarre conversation I've ever had.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home