And Then Some

Sunday, December 07, 2003

Respect
I guess I respect the nor'easter a little more. It didn't stop snowing until late last night. We got about a foot. The snow looked pretty on the quieter streets like mine where it wasn't reduced to slush quite so quickly.

Yesterday afternoon the snow even made me feel festive. It was snowing just enough to be sort of poetic, and I was walking back from the post office with a Christmas package (hooray!). As I walked past an apartment building, a little girl about 5 or 6 years old and wearing a big pink hat started to throw a snowball at me. It was too cute. I pretended to look scared. It was even cuter when the snowball stuck to her mitten instead of flying in my direction. The walk just made me want to go home and listen to Christmas music. Too bad I don't own any.

But not too much respect
The blizzard didn't keep me inside my apartment, though. I want out Friday and Saturday night. Snow, schmo, it is the weekend after all. Last night I saw a musical about the invention of the priniting press (sort of), Guttenberg! The Musical! So funny. If you weren't all so far away, I'd tell you to go see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home