WTF or Why was Omarosa at my company's holiday party?
Seriously. A girl came up and almost started a fight with one of my friends for sitting in her seat and then promptly left the table again. Awkward. After she left, we started discussing how much said girl looked like Omarosa. Turns out it really was her.
At first I was baffled. She works at my company? What in the world does she do? Are we launching a magazine on failed reality TV stars or something? None of the above. Apparently, her gay best friend works at the company, and she was there as his guest. You had to pay a lot of money to bring a guest, so I still don't understand why she wanted to be there. I'm sure I'll never have an answer. It did make the evening entertaining, though. It felt like every time I turned around I saw her dancing or staring someone else down for sitting in her seat. I really wanted to laugh, but I was afraid she might beat me up.
There were also beefy dudes wearing skin-tight sparkly spandex and matching lace-up spandex vest. They weren't employees either. They were just there to brandish ray guns and hand people champaign. Seriously. But that's a whole other story.
Seriously. A girl came up and almost started a fight with one of my friends for sitting in her seat and then promptly left the table again. Awkward. After she left, we started discussing how much said girl looked like Omarosa. Turns out it really was her.
At first I was baffled. She works at my company? What in the world does she do? Are we launching a magazine on failed reality TV stars or something? None of the above. Apparently, her gay best friend works at the company, and she was there as his guest. You had to pay a lot of money to bring a guest, so I still don't understand why she wanted to be there. I'm sure I'll never have an answer. It did make the evening entertaining, though. It felt like every time I turned around I saw her dancing or staring someone else down for sitting in her seat. I really wanted to laugh, but I was afraid she might beat me up.
There were also beefy dudes wearing skin-tight sparkly spandex and matching lace-up spandex vest. They weren't employees either. They were just there to brandish ray guns and hand people champaign. Seriously. But that's a whole other story.

2 Comments:
My only question is: When is your company going to start letting its freelancers come to the holiday party? Because that sounds like the kind of shindig I'd like to attend. Of course, my company's holiday party was nearly as surreal, but only because it was basically a bizarro version of the Casino Night episode of The Office.
By
Anonymous, at 2:45 PM
OMG so funny! Your holiday party stories are a guaranteed amusement. Really? Omerosa! Of all people! Jeez, that's out of a sitcom. No, really. Got your peanut butter cups in the mail the other day. Love you! Miss you! Thanks darling! PS. You will have to tell me said friend she started fight with! Jeez! _tanya
By
Anonymous, at 12:56 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home