St. Practice Day*
Every year, Hoboken celebrates St. Patrick's Day two weeks early. I think I wrote about it last year, but I'm too lazy to look it up and link to it. I didn't see any green beer, but I did see lots of drunk people wearing green wandering the streets. I celebrated with beer pong, an Ice Wagon Flu concert, dancing and more beer. But this is really all just a warm up for next weekend. Julie's coming to visit, and St. Patrick's Day is on a Saturday, so there's sure to be plenty of mischief. I can't wait!
*Kara gets credit for this phrase, but I think we celebrate it on separate days. It has much more of a ring than Fake St. Patrick's Day.
Every year, Hoboken celebrates St. Patrick's Day two weeks early. I think I wrote about it last year, but I'm too lazy to look it up and link to it. I didn't see any green beer, but I did see lots of drunk people wearing green wandering the streets. I celebrated with beer pong, an Ice Wagon Flu concert, dancing and more beer. But this is really all just a warm up for next weekend. Julie's coming to visit, and St. Patrick's Day is on a Saturday, so there's sure to be plenty of mischief. I can't wait!
*Kara gets credit for this phrase, but I think we celebrate it on separate days. It has much more of a ring than Fake St. Patrick's Day.

3 Comments:
Three days. Huzzah!
By
Mad Librarian, at 7:36 PM
I wish I could take credit for St. Practice Day, but the local Irish bar celebrated it, and I learned it there. I'm actually going to Chicago for St. Pat's, and Google Maps tells me that I'm going to be going through Rockford on the way!
By
Kara, at 10:21 AM
Awesome! Wave to the Clock Tower for me :)
By
Anne, at 7:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home