Turkey Day Tidbits
Before dinner I was talking about gambling. My great aunt loves the slot machines. She wants me to take her to Green Bay to go gambling now. I told her about the chicken tic-tac-toe game that they have at Boonville. Then my mother told us that there's something kind of like that right here in Boone County. Except it involves a large field and betting on what square the cow will "mark." Oh, Belvidere, you're so classy.
When my Aunt Jane (the one who said she would stock 3435 Lowe with consumables for me and Jules when we stayed there over spring break sophomore year and later asked if we were both carnivorous) arrived she said I looked much more relaxed than the last time I saw her. What does that mean?
After dinner "the girls" in the family went for a walk around Kmart to make room for pie, lots of pie. While we were there, I saw my best friend from elementary school. Her daughter is 5 or 6 now. This made me feel really old
Words of Wisdom from Aunt Mike
My great aunt is 89 years old. She's also, well, out of control. You just have to meet her to understand. This should give you an idea of what the Aunt Mike experience is like.
"I don't like that DJ on channel 46. He's nasty. He does all sorts of (whispers) sexy programs."
"Now you behave when you go back to school. And try to find a nice boyfriend."
(She usually asks when I'm getting married.)
Determine my future
Or at least the future of my hair. Should I get my hair cut before graduation or should I let it grow out until after I get back from Ireland? My hair hasn't been past my shoulders since I was a sophomore in high school. Let me know what you think.
Before dinner I was talking about gambling. My great aunt loves the slot machines. She wants me to take her to Green Bay to go gambling now. I told her about the chicken tic-tac-toe game that they have at Boonville. Then my mother told us that there's something kind of like that right here in Boone County. Except it involves a large field and betting on what square the cow will "mark." Oh, Belvidere, you're so classy.
When my Aunt Jane (the one who said she would stock 3435 Lowe with consumables for me and Jules when we stayed there over spring break sophomore year and later asked if we were both carnivorous) arrived she said I looked much more relaxed than the last time I saw her. What does that mean?
After dinner "the girls" in the family went for a walk around Kmart to make room for pie, lots of pie. While we were there, I saw my best friend from elementary school. Her daughter is 5 or 6 now. This made me feel really old
Words of Wisdom from Aunt Mike
My great aunt is 89 years old. She's also, well, out of control. You just have to meet her to understand. This should give you an idea of what the Aunt Mike experience is like.
"I don't like that DJ on channel 46. He's nasty. He does all sorts of (whispers) sexy programs."
"Now you behave when you go back to school. And try to find a nice boyfriend."
(She usually asks when I'm getting married.)
Determine my future
Or at least the future of my hair. Should I get my hair cut before graduation or should I let it grow out until after I get back from Ireland? My hair hasn't been past my shoulders since I was a sophomore in high school. Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home