At long last ... the return of the blog!
Hey, kids. Sorry it's taken me so long to post again. I could try to blame it on a certain boy wizard's PR people who embargoed blog posts about said visit, but that's no excuse for not blogging for, oh, almost seven months. It would be more accurate to blame the Germans. OK, not all Germans, just the ones I work for who decided it would be a swell idea to have our production schedules overlap so I was working on at least two magazines at all times. Blargh. Things have finally let up, so I've decided to use a little of this unfamiliar free time to blog again. This plan might all go downhill again when my boss goes on maternity leave in September. But let's just ignore that for now.
LDN
So the free trip to London was pretty awesome. The movie company put me up in a sweet hotel right on Kensington Gardens (and I had a food stipend -- hello, four-course dinner!) I defeated my jet lag and spent my first day there thrift store shopping in Kensington and Notting Hill. My most amazing find was a bracelet in this antique jewelry store on Portbello Road. It's almost an exact match to this necklace that my great-great aunt Marie got as a gift while she was working as a nanny in Paris in the early 1900s. I'm pretty sure the saleslady thought I was crazy because I was so excited about it, especially since it only cost 20 pounds. If I had a digital camera that was working, I would post pictures of them so you could see how similar they are.
Then I went to Top Shop and spent way too much money. (But it was all so cute!) There was a near disaster when I got home and realized that I'd left the bag with my adorable new green shoes at the store. Arg. Luckily, it was just down the street, and I was able to sweet talk the girl into unlocking the door and give me back my shoes even though they were closing. <>
Stay tuned ...
I'm rambling and still haven't gotten to the actual movie set. I'll post about it tomorrow. (And I swear that doesn't mean seven months from now!)
Hey, kids. Sorry it's taken me so long to post again. I could try to blame it on a certain boy wizard's PR people who embargoed blog posts about said visit, but that's no excuse for not blogging for, oh, almost seven months. It would be more accurate to blame the Germans. OK, not all Germans, just the ones I work for who decided it would be a swell idea to have our production schedules overlap so I was working on at least two magazines at all times. Blargh. Things have finally let up, so I've decided to use a little of this unfamiliar free time to blog again. This plan might all go downhill again when my boss goes on maternity leave in September. But let's just ignore that for now.
LDN
So the free trip to London was pretty awesome. The movie company put me up in a sweet hotel right on Kensington Gardens (and I had a food stipend -- hello, four-course dinner!) I defeated my jet lag and spent my first day there thrift store shopping in Kensington and Notting Hill. My most amazing find was a bracelet in this antique jewelry store on Portbello Road. It's almost an exact match to this necklace that my great-great aunt Marie got as a gift while she was working as a nanny in Paris in the early 1900s. I'm pretty sure the saleslady thought I was crazy because I was so excited about it, especially since it only cost 20 pounds. If I had a digital camera that was working, I would post pictures of them so you could see how similar they are.
Then I went to Top Shop and spent way too much money. (But it was all so cute!) There was a near disaster when I got home and realized that I'd left the bag with my adorable new green shoes at the store. Arg. Luckily, it was just down the street, and I was able to sweet talk the girl into unlocking the door and give me back my shoes even though they were closing. <
Stay tuned ...
I'm rambling and still haven't gotten to the actual movie set. I'll post about it tomorrow. (And I swear that doesn't mean seven months from now!)

2 Comments:
Hooray! You're back!
By
Kara, at 1:04 PM
Tomorrow, huh? Mmm hmm.
By
Mad Librarian, at 12:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home