St. Louis, Hot Summer
It's amazing how much more sense the world makes when you're with your best friend. St. Louis was just what I needed: nachos, bad films, frosty beverages, grilled meats, exploding stuff, walking across the Mississippi (This wasn't vital, but it was cool.) and spending plenty of time with the other half of my brain.
Side note: For future reference, I recommend flying into LaGuardia Airport at about 9:30 or 9:40 on the Fourth of July. You get to fly directly over fireworks throughout the New York metro area, including part of the NYC display. Unbelievably beautiful. Highlight: being directly over the Statue of Liberty as a purple and gold firework exploded. Good times.
July, July
So fare, July is shaping up to be far superior to June. After a real, live leaving-the-state vacation, I had a nice quiet weekend at home. I got to watch my favorite movie on DVD. I rearranged the furniture in my bedroom in an attempt to air out my head and my life. So far it's working really well, and my room seems much bigger some how. I took myself on a date (dinner at Burger King and going to see Bewitched, yes I'm a cheap date). I bought Ben & Jerry's and sat on my fire escape eating ice cream, listening to the Ally McBeal soundtrack for the first time in years and looking at the stars. It was a perfect weekend. I spent Sunday sitting in the shade in Central Park, reading and waiting in line for tickets to Shakespeare in the Park. I made friends with a really lovely middle-aged couple (She's deaf, and they've been coming to interpretted performances at the Park for 15 years.) who gave me half an everything bagel for breakfast and watched my spot while I got a hot dog for lunch. (You work up quite the appetite waiting in line for six hours. I went to brunch with a friend. I went to the aforementioned play (As You Like It) with another friend. It was't very eventful, but it was one of the happiest weekends I've had in a while. Come on, July, let's try to keep this up. I'll do my part if you do yours. (And that includes not letting my step on any more mystery pieces of glass.)
Random Question
What does one wear when going to interview a certain Canadian pop punk band that's popular with the MTV set? How to balance professional with hip and not totally stuffy is a bit of a puzzle.
It's amazing how much more sense the world makes when you're with your best friend. St. Louis was just what I needed: nachos, bad films, frosty beverages, grilled meats, exploding stuff, walking across the Mississippi (This wasn't vital, but it was cool.) and spending plenty of time with the other half of my brain.
Side note: For future reference, I recommend flying into LaGuardia Airport at about 9:30 or 9:40 on the Fourth of July. You get to fly directly over fireworks throughout the New York metro area, including part of the NYC display. Unbelievably beautiful. Highlight: being directly over the Statue of Liberty as a purple and gold firework exploded. Good times.
July, July
So fare, July is shaping up to be far superior to June. After a real, live leaving-the-state vacation, I had a nice quiet weekend at home. I got to watch my favorite movie on DVD. I rearranged the furniture in my bedroom in an attempt to air out my head and my life. So far it's working really well, and my room seems much bigger some how. I took myself on a date (dinner at Burger King and going to see Bewitched, yes I'm a cheap date). I bought Ben & Jerry's and sat on my fire escape eating ice cream, listening to the Ally McBeal soundtrack for the first time in years and looking at the stars. It was a perfect weekend. I spent Sunday sitting in the shade in Central Park, reading and waiting in line for tickets to Shakespeare in the Park. I made friends with a really lovely middle-aged couple (She's deaf, and they've been coming to interpretted performances at the Park for 15 years.) who gave me half an everything bagel for breakfast and watched my spot while I got a hot dog for lunch. (You work up quite the appetite waiting in line for six hours. I went to brunch with a friend. I went to the aforementioned play (As You Like It) with another friend. It was't very eventful, but it was one of the happiest weekends I've had in a while. Come on, July, let's try to keep this up. I'll do my part if you do yours. (And that includes not letting my step on any more mystery pieces of glass.)
Random Question
What does one wear when going to interview a certain Canadian pop punk band that's popular with the MTV set? How to balance professional with hip and not totally stuffy is a bit of a puzzle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home