And Then Some

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Thanks, tax-free gods
New York City just finished one of their tax-free weeks on goods under $110. It is no coincidence that I now own a pair of hot pink heels (technically, raspberry).

E4 or I need an intervention
I have the position of peanut M&Ms in the 4th floor vending machine memorized. This is probably not a good thing. I might need to be cut off. But there are always ways to cheat. Today I got my M&M fix via the "confetti" cookie at Au Bon Pain. Yum.

Wet, crowded and cranky
Let's just say my morning blew.

I like visitors (hint, hint, you should visit too)
This weekend, a friend came up to visit from D.C. We took a tour of the boroughs.
Staten Island. The Staten Island Ferry (at night, of course). We did technically step foot on the island because they make you get off the boat and get back on now. Security, blah, blah, blah.
Brooklyn. Coney Island. We made a pit stop on the way at my favorite hole in the wall pizza joint in Midwood. Fresh mozzarella+tomatoes+lots of garlic=manna from heaven. The break dancers on the boardwalk cracked my up. "We'd like to introduce our manager, 'Philip.' So when we pass the bucket around, you should fill it up. And if you just walk away, we're from Brooklyn too, so we'll chase your ass." And the Cyclone was awesome. Painful, but awesome. And they sell soft serve pistachio ice cream.
The Bronx. Yankee Stadium for a Baltimore vs. New York game. We had front row seats in the bleachers and got fabulous Yankees stocking caps as a promotion. Of course, he insisted on wearing an Orioles hat during the game. But the Yankees still won. (Ha!)
Queens. The Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria. It was like being at a big backyard barbecue, but with lots of strangers and hearty German beer. And there was a power outage while we were there, which was pretty entertaining. I really want to go back with a bigger group of people and a deck of cards (an idea I totally stole off the people at the next table).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home