And Then Some

Friday, August 20, 2004

5.7
It's been rather rainy in New York of late. Monday morning, I was walking to work, and, like the sensible girl I am, I was wearing flip flops and carrying my heels in my purse to change into at the office. I start to cross 85th Street. The walk light is flashing, but that shouldn't be a problem. It's a small one-way street; I have plenty of time. Then in the middle of the street, directly in front of a car, I hit a slippery patch. I step forward, and my back foot, instead of staying where it's supposed to, slips backward. But the 10-year-old me who used to take ice skating lessons would be proud. Instead of falling on my ass in front of what was about to become oncoming traffic, I performed a pretty nice lunge, umbrella in one hand, purse in the other.

New Rock City
Yesterday, one of my co-workers saw someone smoking crack cocaine outside a pizza parlor around the corner from my office. Crack cocaine! Right out on the sidewalk! And I work in a really nice part of the Village. And on my walk to the subway that morning, I passed a whole pot leaf sitting on the sidewalk. It was as if fall was coming on and the leaves were starting to turn on a near by pot tree, if those existed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home