And Then Some

Thursday, June 24, 2004

A date with myself (or Harry Potter, depending on how you want to look at it)
First Stop: Pintaile's Pizza for dinner. (Whole wheat, thin crust, fresh mozzarella. Mmm.) Two slices and a can of Diet Pepsi for $5. I'm a pretty cheap date.
Second Stop: Cold Stone Creamery. It's pretty hopping in here. I splurge and get a medium and upgrade to add a mix-in. Why not? After all, this is a date.
Third Stop: The cinema. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I got a good seat, and the movie is fabulous. The best part? The man in the audience who looks like a mix between Hagrid and Iggy Pop. And he's wearing a fannie pack. Awesome.

Excerpt from an Irish rock song that is still making me laugh two days later or Oh, Irish people

Dancing in the disco, bumper to bumper
Wait a minute:
"Where's me jumper? Where's me jumper? Where's me jumper?
Where's me jumper? Where's me jumper?"
It's all right to say things can only get better
If you haven't just lost your brand new sweater
Pure new wool and perfect stitches
Not the type of jumper that makes you itch, oh no
Dancing in the disco, go go go
Dancing in the disco, oh no, oh no
And my mother will be so, so angry
And my brother will be so, so angry
And my girlfriend will be so, so angry
And my dog will be so, so angry

2 Comments:

  • That song is awesome. I, too, would be quite sad if I lost a new, non-itchy sweater. But, why will the dog be angry?

    By Blogger Kara, at 3:48 PM  

  • I also like that song. Perhaps I will make it my theme song.

    Oh, and you know what I hate about Cold Stone? The way they try and pressure you into upgrading. Every time I go in, I order a "like it." And they always say, "sure you don't want a love it for only 40 cents more." And then I want to slap them and leave. But then I remember if I did that, I wouldn't have any ice cream to eat.

    By Blogger scott, at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home