I'm dreaming of a white St. Patrick's Day
Wait. That's not how that song goes. And I wasn't dreaming. Grr. Ah well, it was still nice and cozy inside the pubs.
Misery MTA-style
In the past week, the good ol' folks of the MTA have tortured me in the following manner:
-Sunday night, transfering from the R to 6 on my way back from Queens, I had to walk through a cloud of foul-smelling smoke/haze. There was one MTA employee standing at the top of the stairs and covering her nose, but other than that no one seemed concerned.
-Tuesday night, I had to wait on the 4 train because some guys decided they wanted to get into a fight or at least yell a lot about "throwing down." I think some one took their shirt off. Does that help you fight better? The conductor had to break it up. While this was going on, one of New York's finest walked by and pretended he didn't notice anything. The conductor had got on the PA: "Officer. Please report to the conductor's position. Officer, please report to the conductor's position, NOW."
-That same night, I had to wait 40 minutes for a 6 local train. At least four local trains stopped by headed downtown during the same period. Grand total it took me an hour and a half to travel back from some where just 50 blocks staight south of my apartment.
Sorry, MTA, it does not make up for it that on two of these occassions a crosstown bus was waiting just steps away when I got out of the subway.
Manhattan-size it
Remember how annoying waiting in line at the DMV can be. Just imagine how what it's like at one of Manhattan's two DMVs. I was there about two hours, walked through two corral-esque lines, got a number and waited for it to flash on the giant screen. It felt like playing Bingo. Come on, B398. No not F615 or H945. B335? This is going to take a while.
Wait. That's not how that song goes. And I wasn't dreaming. Grr. Ah well, it was still nice and cozy inside the pubs.
Misery MTA-style
In the past week, the good ol' folks of the MTA have tortured me in the following manner:
-Sunday night, transfering from the R to 6 on my way back from Queens, I had to walk through a cloud of foul-smelling smoke/haze. There was one MTA employee standing at the top of the stairs and covering her nose, but other than that no one seemed concerned.
-Tuesday night, I had to wait on the 4 train because some guys decided they wanted to get into a fight or at least yell a lot about "throwing down." I think some one took their shirt off. Does that help you fight better? The conductor had to break it up. While this was going on, one of New York's finest walked by and pretended he didn't notice anything. The conductor had got on the PA: "Officer. Please report to the conductor's position. Officer, please report to the conductor's position, NOW."
-That same night, I had to wait 40 minutes for a 6 local train. At least four local trains stopped by headed downtown during the same period. Grand total it took me an hour and a half to travel back from some where just 50 blocks staight south of my apartment.
Sorry, MTA, it does not make up for it that on two of these occassions a crosstown bus was waiting just steps away when I got out of the subway.
Manhattan-size it
Remember how annoying waiting in line at the DMV can be. Just imagine how what it's like at one of Manhattan's two DMVs. I was there about two hours, walked through two corral-esque lines, got a number and waited for it to flash on the giant screen. It felt like playing Bingo. Come on, B398. No not F615 or H945. B335? This is going to take a while.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home